Monday, June 14, 2010

Teaching another lesson...


When she had had enough of the ramp play, Amber wanted to cuddle with the pups, but they wanted to nurse, so she is teaching them here that when she says no, she means it!

She tried to get away from them, to avoid all those sharp teeth, but it is overwhelming to have so many pups vying for your attention.

She is NOT hurting them - just nipping at the air near them and growling at them - all good lessons for the pups to learn.

Hmmm... looks like she gave up on a few of them... so I lifted her out - no nursing!

This smart little boy started playing with a maple leaf - he entertained himself a long time with this simple little "toy"...

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for showing us this discipline from mom! Now I know why it's so important for the babies to stay with their mother...and what mothers they are! We are all so lucky to be able to see all these stages in their development. Thanks Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is a great teacher!! I am spoiled to have her... makes MY job a lot easier. These little critters keep me on my toes all the time, so every bit of help is greatly appreciated - trust me!

    ReplyDelete