Thursday, July 1, 2010

Slowing Down Now...


They have explored most nooks and crannies of my garden now - love being under my dogwood bush!

It's so good for them to have space to stretch their little legs!

As close as I could get to a family picture... It is tough to set up and take pictures by yourself - I need to be keeping an eye on all the others as well... The one on the far left is the male "twin" from Brandy's litter - the others are all Amber's.

* Just a note on garden play...

I spent a lot of time puppy proofing my yard, but have left some challenges I thought they would enjoy (the rock piles - Lhasas love to climb).
Please ensure your puppy can play safely in your yard, before letting him/her run around like this. Amber is an amazing help and even Brandy or Bella would alert me to any potential trouble from the sidelines, if the saw anything amiss.
If you do not want your puppy running through your gardens, you must set the rules when they first arrive at your home - it is much easier to do with one puppy, than with eleven, as I am sure you can understand.
Any behaviour you wish them to learn, or to avoid, must be repeated consistently and persistently! Can't stress that enough with a Lhasa - they are cute, but strong-willed - which is exactly why most of us love them so much!
My attitude about my garden is to let the puppies run and enjoy themselves - the flowers will grow back... and puppies grow out of this behaviour... (except if there is a critter in the yard - like a squirrel, chipmunk, or garden snake - he he....) They sure sleep good after! ha ha...

No comments:

Post a Comment