Sunday, January 8, 2012

Feet!


Just can't get enough of their cute little toes! ha ha...


You can see the stub of the little boy's umbilical cord here too... Will drop off when it is dry.


Some of the girls are less agressive at getting the nipples - and THIS is what I try to avoid at this point. (being able to see the ribs) Can happen fast (like overnight, while I am sleeping) Need to let the skinnier pups at the nipples before the hungry hoards get in there! I weigh and examine pups daily to help them through this first few days -especially with such a big litter.


Yes, Amber has eight nipples, but it is a push and shove in there and sometimes they keep getting knocked off the nipple... Keeps me busy, for sure!
The pup between her legs is sleeping. Check out the brown and white "patchy" male... ha ha... feet sprawled right out!


They climb all over each other to get at those nipples!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I can see how important it is for you to keep your eye on all the babies! Poor wee thing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah - broke my heart when I noticed it - must keep an even closer eye on this little girl. You'll be happy to know she is doing great though~

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's 'cos she's in great hands with you!XX

    ReplyDelete