Saturday, January 28, 2012

More about Names and Videos

Quick note here... These names I am calling the puppies do not have to be permanent - just something I will use to refer to specific pups for people. Thank you to those who have already sent me suggestions... Please do not feel shy folks - if one of them strikes you as a specific name... chime in!

Sorry for the delay in posting pictures today - my son is here visiting and I have been spending some time with him. He took all the adult dogs out for a good run and I had the chance to review all the videos I have shot, finally. I will start uploading a bunch of them today. Will post a link for you to help you find them, after they have finished uploading...

The babes are three weeks old now and the fun is really starting - my Lord but they are cute! They all had their nails and foot hair trimmed the past few nights.
Nails because they sure get tough on Amber - they are sharp, like kitten's claws... and need to be trimmed weekly when they are nursing and not wearing the sharp points down.
Foot hair, because I like them to have as much traction as possible when the are learning to walk - not be slipping on hair that has grown over the pads.
This also helps them get used to being touched by humans and to being groomed. When the purchasers pick up their pups, I take the time to show them how to do this - it's quite simple really and the pups will be used to it. As long as the new owners carry on with the things I will teach them, they should never have any grooming problems in the future...

More pictures will be coming soon - just have to wait for the time consuming video upload that is in process to finish...

No comments:

Post a Comment