Friday, January 29, 2010

Bones!

This is the only kind of bone I like to let my dogs chew at and only as a special treat. They are sturdy enough not to splinter.

I do not give them the marrow from the middle, as it is very fatty and would cause diahrea, but, when I cut the bone from the round steak, I leave some meat on it. Then I boil it, pop out the marrow, let it cool, and then let them have fun!

I wish I had found them before the other pups left, so they could have had their "farewell treat" from me too, but they are not easy to locate any more...

Needless to say, the dogs and the pups all enjoyed them... those sweet little pups even shared.

Amber kept her paw on hers so she could pull the meat off...

Bella took hers away from everyone else - no way was she sharing! ha ha (ME, me... it's all about ME)!! That's my Bella!

The puppies crewed so daintily!

They lost interest when the bones were cleaned off and started playing with the squirrel their friend Christina brought for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment