Monday, January 18, 2010

Grooming Supplies - Nails

When I talk about "grooming" a Lhasa, I am referring to the day-to-day maintenance and weekly grooming requirements, not clipping, or cutting their hair. I will get to that later, for you.

First - I find, with small pups, I need to trim their nails weekly. I use baby nail clippers at this point, but they are big enough you could use regular clippers now and toenail clippers in a few months (larger opening for the nail to get in).

The black handled clipper is the one I use on my dogs, though, if you are comfortable with them, you could use either of the other two types pictured. I will give you a nail trimming demo when you pick up your puppy and show you how close you can come to the quick and how you can avoid clipping it. ALWAYS have syptic powder close by- just in case.
I usually trim my dogs nails every couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment