Friday, January 29, 2010

Thank you!!

A while back, a lovely lady contacted me and asked if she could come visit the pups before they left. She had been leaving comments on my blog for a while and although I had no idea who she was, I felt a warmth in her that I understood so well, so we had set up a lunch date for yesterday. This was set up prior to my taking Chip to the vet, but I thought it would do me good to have a distraction from my grief.
Well, it did me a world of good - thank you Christina (aka Sassy)

Imagine my surprise when she came in the door with these for me! Beautiful, sweet smelling flowers! Now, those of you who live alone will understand the special treat this was, in itself, but to come at a time when I so badly needed my spirits lifted was so sweet!

Then, when I opened the card, I got a bigger surprise... It read:

"A bundle of happiness with four paws and a tail has quietly left you behind. But his sweetness stays close, gifted in memories of the best friend a person could find."
With condolences on the loss of your beloved Chipper
Gloria, Rick, Micha and Madison and Christina

Bless you all for caring!!
When you write on a blog, you pour your heart out to the world... Other dog-people (who have suffered this same loss) truly understand my pain. I've often wondered how some people stumble across my blog... and would love to hear stories from others of you...

Turns out that Christina (who lives in Ottawa and lost her beloved Lhasa in Dec this yr) is good friends with a lady named Michelle (in Winnipeg) who used to watch Destiny (Rick and Gloria's Lhasa, who also passed in Dec this yr). The dog world can be very close and caring... and so very supportive!

Thank you all, once again for your kind words of encouragement. In time, I will post pictures and small tales of Chipper and my travels and joys - he was always there for me- through the good times and the bad... Now, back to the puppies as they have been having lots of fun and their antics keep us all amused.

1 comment:

  1. It is I who thanks you for generously opening your home and heart to me (a new person) during your time of grief.

    I so enjoyed meeting you and your incredible doggie crew, sharing dog stores with you, getting puppy kisses, seeing all those large beautiful come hither Lhasa eyes, fury snuggles on the couch, and a lovely lunch on top of it all, and oh dear readers, the human and Lhasa welcomes that greeted me as I came into Donna’s home were nothing short of WONDERFUL. My only regret is that I did not make it on time to meet Chipper, the Grand Old Man.

    My visit to the “playpen” was the last thing I thought of last night before I slept and, the first thing that came to mind this morning when I woke up. (Dog love is addictive and yesterday, I got a great *fix*.)

    Thanks again Donna for sharing – yourself and your “girls”.


    _____
    A big shout out to Michelle in Winnipeg for turning me onto this blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete