Thursday, January 21, 2010

A Dirty Job!

The first thing you should do, when you get your new puppy home, is to take them to the area of the yard that you wish them to use as a toilet, and praise them when they "go" there. That will encourage them to continue to do so... Don't use MY yard as an example - I have four dogs and currently have the four pups, plus I have visiting dogs and boarding dogs, so they have a tendency to use "everywhere" - not MY plan, but tough to control with the "outsiders" My dogs do prefer to use this area, but if I do not pick it up fast enough, they will look (and use) elsewhere.


In teh summer, this is what I use to pick it up...

In the winter, I need this (to chip it out of the ice and snow). Of course, you could go with them and pick it up before it freezes... or use a plastic bag - whatever works best for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment