Friday, February 17, 2012

The Pens...


Just so you understand a bit of my day... Each night, when the pups get tired, I put the pups to bed in my den (where they were the first few weeks). That gives me time to pick up the wet towels, dispose of soiled puppy pads, clean any dirty toys and give them fresh water. Then I wash the floors and set the pen up again for the next day. Then I run the laundry through. Sometimes I sneak a pup or two out of the pen to groom them - I have a chart, to keep track of whose trimming has been completed.

In the morning, when I enter the den, I am greeted by a whole bunch of squirming bodies and bright eyes... love it!


I feed them breakfast in here and after they have finished their morning constitutional, I transfer them all out to the play area, two at a time... Then it is time to clean the sleep area and prep it for that night. I am pleased at how well they use their space... They do not want to soil their bed, or their play area, though, with eight pups, they often "drag" it in on their feet, so I do have to wash little feet on occassion.

No comments:

Post a Comment