Friday, April 20, 2012

Update Friday 20th of April...

Well, it is hard to believe that today is the last day... Daisy will be heading to her new home today and the house is going to feel so terribly quiet.

The pups were born 15 weeks ago! Lord they have grown so much... and we have cherished every minute (well, almost every one... lol)

Today will not be an easy one for me, so bear with me... I'll be back in a day or two to show you the girl's new hairdos and the last few pictures while Daisy was here.

After that, I will update you on the progress of the pups in their new homes... Almost all of the new owners have been sending me photos regularily and the others have promised they are on the way~

I'm really going to miss this, however, this time, I really DO mean it - this was the last litter and these three are my last dogs. Time to move on to new ventures and to make more time for my own health and home.

I'll post photos along my journey, mostly for my Mom... she lives a long way away and it is a nice way for her to keep in touch with the family... but no where near as regularily as I have been.

The litter work is not yet over - I need to keep in touch with the new owners and past owners and also make up the DVDs of photos and videos for the new owners... oh and register all the pups, keep track of when they are neutered and send out the certificates... plus I will post more videos on youtube of the pups now that I will have a bit more time.

To my faithful blog followers - THANK YOU!! for sharing this journey with me... and for your support and encouragement, in emails, comments and in person! mwah!!

5 comments:

  1. The Mathematical Calculation of Happiness Created.

    (humor me on this one)

    - Take – number of litters brought into the world is past years (L) (L=Litters
    - Multiply that by – number of pups in each littler. (P) P=Puppies
    - Using the result of the above calculation (L*P=T) T=Total pups
    - Multiply T by the number of hours in a day (T*24=H) H-hours
    - Multiply H by the number of days (D) Donna has nurtured, taught, loved, fed, trimmed, played with, watched over the pups before they went to their forever homes. (H*D=G) G=Grand Total.

    Conclusion / result of = Mathematical Calculation of Happiness Created = by my careful calculations no matter which numbers I plug in for L, P, T, H, D, and G to find a value, I always come up with the number “THERE ARE THINGS IN LIVE THAT, BY VIRTUE OF THEIR NATURE, ARE SIMPLY INVALUABLE” which represents the amount of happiness/joy/laughter/love that Donna has made possible for the pups and their forever humans over the years.

    And . . . . . never mind trying to figure out how many smiles this blog provides. :)

    Dear Donna - well done you, keep on enjoying your dogs, take good care of Donna and enjoy future adventures.

    p.s. I'll be watching PodgyPaws for updates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn Girl... I needed that! My last baby has just left and my eyes just will not stop leaking!
    Daisy (Nina to me)is such a cheerful, loving little thing and will bring her new family a lot of joy, I know, but the girls and I are really going to miss her~
    Good thing that I know that all my puppies have gone to terrific homes! Makes the loss much easier to bare - though I have no idea how Amber and Brandy will manage. Even Bella seems to miss her.
    Think we are going to have to take the phone off the hook and have a snuggle nap... then maybe a walk in the woods will cheer us all up.
    Today we will lick our wounds and tomorrow will be a better day~ Thank you for your kind and supportive words~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna....thank YOU for all your hard work looking after these beautiful babes. Now it's time for you...and you know that at least 3 of your babies are very close and hopefully we'll have lots of time to get together for "family" reunions! Kisses to you and your 3 girls
    XXX from Halley and Merlin and Simba

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH LOOK! There's a picture of Randy and I picking up precious little Ziggy on April 16th. She is bringing smiles and joy to everyone who meets her, with her silly litte bark and antics.
    Hopefully we will soon have some pictures to send to you.
    Thank you so, so much for your blog. You've done a wonderful job Donna.
    Hope to see you soon, Vivian, Randy and Ziggy

    ReplyDelete
  5. We just want to say thank you for our two really just special and wonderful dogs, Leo and Gemma. The foundation you gave them was built on love and that just really says it all. Blessings, Tina and Tracy

    ReplyDelete